Saturday, June 25, 2011

#7: Make Homemade Lemonade

After spending all that time and energy washing my car on Monday, the inevitable happened, and it rained the next day…and the next one, and the next one, and well, it hasn’t stopped since. All this rainy weather isn’t making it easy to cross things off my bucket list, so I’ve been trying to focus on activities that aren't weather dependent. Today I decided that since mother nature was handing me lemons, I might as well make some lemonade (it is on my bucket list after all).

I got this recipe from Bust Magazine (I actually do read magazines besides Whole Living, I swear) and it’s just as delicious as it sounds.

Watermelon Lemonade from Bust Magazine, June/July 2011

Ingredients
1.5 cups fresh lemon juice (I used about 8 lemons)
1 cup sugar
4 cups water, divided


Instructions
1. Combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepot. Heat on the stovetop until the sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture cool.
2. Juice the lemons over a strainer (to catch the seeds) and into a large glass pitcher.
3. Add the remaining 3 cups of water and the simple syrup to the lemon juice.
4. Puree 4 cups of chopped, seeded watermelon with 2 cups of the lemonade.
5. Add back to the pitcher, stir, and enjoy!

If the weather cooperates, I’ll be spending my Sunday sipping watermelon lemonade at the beach while flying a kite. C'mon miracle...



The fruit carnage in my sink this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment