Friday, March 16, 2012

TGFP (Thank God For Prana)

One of the things I've missed the most while being on this cleanse is going out to eat. When you're avoiding dairy, gluten, added sugar, and anything processed, it's definitely not easy finding a restaurant to accommodate your annoying, restrictive dietary needs (and I used to think just being a vegetarian was a pain, ha!).

With Week 3's intro to a whole host of new detox-friendly foods, I thought I'd treat myself by hitting up Prana Restaurant in Newton, which serves mainly raw, vegan, gluten free fare (I just so happened to have a Groupon too, win!).

Tonight, I very happily dined on Walnut Lentil Croquettes and Zucchini Lasagna (and don't think I'm cheating here, it's made with nut cheese and zucchini strips in place of pasta), and Dan (who, for the record, dropped out of the detox about 15 days ago—sorry to throw you under the bus there, bud) enjoyed a big bowl of Kelp Noodle Salad.

It was 100% delicious and amazing and wonderful, but want to know what the best part was? For the first time in 2 and a half weeks I actually didn't have to prepare the meal myself.

YES, WIN, AND YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment